Pokemon Elysium is a GBA Rom Hack by BlackKaiser based on Pokemon Fire Red. And it is now available to download.
Download Pokemon Elysium GBA Rom Hack
- Creator: BlackKaiser
- Version: Complete (v1.1.0)
- Hack of: Pokemon FireRed
- Updated: Octobre 17, 2023
This is a game about the adventure of a 16-year-old girl from the peaceful island of Crysta. She’s on a journey to become a Pokémon Champion, aiming to secure one of the 8 spots in the finals set on the mysterious Elysium island. However, unbeknownst to her, an ancient dark presence, setting in motion a plan more than 100 years in the making, will endanger not only her and her friends but the entire world.
Also, be sure to try out Pokemon Clover.
It is a story/lore-focused Fire Red hack for casual players, developed years ago (although content was added until very recently) that I decided to release it despite originally not planning to. It is a lengthy one, especially if you explore everything and follow the various side quests, and it is divided into two parts, A and B. To play it, you’ll need to patch two files and use save states to continue your saved game from Part A to B (instructions can be found in the readme file that accompanies the download). Story-wise, the game consists of a prologue, four chapters and a small epilogue. Regarding its difficulty, it’s harder than the Pokémon games, but most players will not find any difficulty in finishing it. It was first released on reddit and you can read the post here.
- A mix of Pokémon, moves and types up until Pokémon X and Y. Gen I, II and III mostly but there’s a decent number of Pokémon from the next generations like Hippopotas, Garchomp, Rhyperion or Galvantula (Check the online excel file for the full list of obtainable Pokémon)
- Fairy Type-Pokémon & Moves (replacing old ones)
- Physical-Special Split
- A very few story-only related fakemon and fakemoves
- Some (permanent) Mega Evolutions
- Several Regions to explore.
- Side quests that reward you with rare Pokémon, moves or special items.
Things to know – Bugs
What to do:
Use save states to save your progress rather than the game’s built-in save feature. This way you can pass your progress to Part B. I.e in Visual Boy Advance, SHIFT+F1 saves an instance to a .sgm file.
Save in many and different slots
Switch Battle Style to SET for more challenge.
What to not do:
Try to complete the Pokedex. You can’t catch every pokemon, the focus of this Rom Hack is the story. You can ignore the Pokedex Completely
Do not release Pokémon that were given to you for obvious story reasons, as this could potentially lead to the game being softlocked. Release only the Pokémon you’ve personally caught using a Pokéball.
There’s a minor graphical glitch in the menu (it doesn’t impact the gameplay).
At a certain point in the game, you will softlock if you release an obtainable Lapras before obtaining HM Surf.
In very, very rare occasions, the player’s sprite (may) suddenly messes up. This can be quickly fixed by entering or exiting a building or cave or using FLY. This has been fixed but there’s still a very small chance you may encounter that bug.
Please be aware that there might be spelling or language errors in the game, as English is not the creator’s native language!
Instructions of how to play PART B in Android Emulators (Using MyBoy as example):
- While playing PART A: When the game prompts you with the message “SAVE NOW”, go and create a new Save State from the Menu -> Save – > Slot 1.
- (Optional) Link your Android with a PC (unless you can rename/copy files from your phone).
- Navigate to the folder where MyBoy stores the save files. The path should look like this: Phone\Android\data\com.fastemulator.gba\files\save.
- (IMPORTANT) Assuming your game is named PokemonElysiumA.gba. Take a copy of PokemonElysiumA ST1 file and PokemonElysiumA.st1 PNG file. to an external folder of your PC to make sure you have a backup of them.
- Download and patch PART B to a completely new ROM and add it to your MyBoy. Make sure it doesn’t overwrite your first one. (save it with a different name).
- If your patched rom is now called PokemonElysiumB.gba, rename the two files of step 4 to PokemonElysiumB ST1 and PokemonElysiumB.st1 PNG and place them to the same save folder (\Android\data\com.fastemulator.gba\files\save)
- Boot the 2nd ROM, go to the menu and LOAD the first state. You should see your hero inside the ship.
- Various Map/Dialogue/Scripting corrections and fixed bugs.
- Added intro to the game.
- Added Hall of Fame after the “THE END” screen.
- Fixed an issue with DELPHOX messing stats when evolving from Braixen.
- Added Pokemon: Glaceon, Yanmega, Rhyperion, Honchcrow, Weavile, Budew, Roserade, Magnezone, Mismagius
- Removed Pokemon: Sentret, Furret and Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume/Bellosom
- Heatran, Gardevoir, and Mega Gardevoir are now obtainable/catchable.
- Added right cries on some later-generation Pokemon like Sylveon and Xerneas.
- Added Cut Content in the last battle
- Fixed battle backgrounds according to the current location of the player.
- Fixed an issue where pressing CHECK on the item AGENT CARD crashes the game.
- Fixed an instance where for some players returning back from Savahnn it wouldn’t allow them to proceed with the story in the Rangers HQ
- Map/dialogue fixes.
- Map fix: the boundaries of the mind prison have been switched to black color, to not confuse the players.
- Diegoisawesome for their XSE Scripting Tutorial
- Alistair for various Tilesets
- LU-HO’s for the Advanced Map
- HackMew for XSE and Advanced Trainer
- Rangi for TileMap Studio
- Silver314 for YAPE
- Kurapika for G3T
- D-Trogh for Nameless Tile Map Editor
- Link12552 for Nameless Sprite Editor
- karatekid552 for Pokemon Gen.3 Hacking Suite
- The Contributors of Gen VI and V: DS-Style 64×64 Pokemon Sprite Resource on Pokecommunity
- MrDollSteak’s Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64×64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
- Doesn’tKnowHowToPlay for PSS
- Unknown poster’s guide here on Pokecommunity for helping me create custom moves (didn’t found the post/poster, will update)
- u/Grazerous and for playtesting and instructions about how to patch Part B on iOS.
- My cousin and my brother for playtesting
- (In case I missed anyone, please let me know !)