Pokemon Shining Opal is a GBA Rom Hack based on Pokemon Fire Red in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on July 17, 2023.
Download Pokemon Shining Opal GBA ROM Hack
|Name||Pokemon Shining Opal|
|Version||Unofficial Update 17/07/23 by hacksrepairman|
|Hack of||Pokemon FireRed|
|Updated||July 17, 2023|
Update by hacksrepairman
This continued beta is based on the most recent beta that the creator was working on. And thanks to the creator, I learned so much about how the game was supposed to be, so I did my best to finish the rest of the part that the creator didn’t finish. I was able to fully utilize all of the ideas mentioned by the creator. Hopefully, I’ve brought the game closer to its intended state. Unfortunately, there is one thing that differs from the original plans, and that is the Day/Night system, which caused too many glitches and had to be disabled to make the game stable.
Credits to jiangzhengwen for the double battle system fix, thctbm for testing the game, and Fangking Omega for the new tiles.
You are a young person living in Goldenrod City. Becoming a Pokémon trainer has always been your dream, and now, on your tenth birthday, it’s FINALLY coming true. A new professor specializing in Pokémon genetics has set up his lab in a faraway place called Zillersee. Your mother finally allows you to get your first Pokemon, a choice between three Fire-type Pokemon, so you hop on a boat and head to the Zillersee. When you get there, however, there are a few problems… You’re running late, a lost passenger and a package in the Pokémon Market further delay your arrival at the lab, and you have no idea where the lab is at all!
When you finally make it to the lab, head down the stairs. Suddenly, a kid comes in to get HIS Pokémon a whole day early! Someone else got there before you and took the Charmander, and then this new boy steals Cyndaquil too! Torchic is now the only Pokemon left, so you go and grab it. Suddenly the boy challenges you to a fight, after which you leave town. Suddenly there’s a LIGHTNING, and your Torchic is replaced with an unfamiliar Pokemon, but since the professor appears to have run right out of the lab right past you, you’ll have to keep going.
As you leave Zillersee, you meet someone from an organization you’ve never heard of. Presumably they were sent to Zillersee to steal that weird Pokemon you had, but they run away after being beaten. Little did you know the evil team would do anything to get this Pokemon, including some very non-evil things. Not only that, there are a lot more things that will distract you from your quest in the Rinto Pokémon League than just a bunch of crazy people.
Crazy plot twists that even I didn’t expect (because I didn’t write them), cameo appearances from random people, saving the real world from disaster (and the Pokémon world, of course), and a few weird ones Moments when you just aren’t yourself are just some of the crazy things that will happen to you on your journey through the Rinto region.
- New region- Rinto
- New rivals
- New gym challenges
- Interactive storyline
- Lots of ASM
- Fixed some text errors, the glitch which prevented the Elite Four events from resetting was fixed. Also, the items being sold in the fan club became more expensive.
- Fixed some more glitches, including the glitch which makes Power Plant unaccessible.
- Fixed some more minor glitches, also, thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw, after you got the pokegear, you’ll be able to view the town map by pressing r, which is the only actual working function for the pokegear.
- Fixed some more glitchy events, also, Teleport is no longer a field move to prevent some glitches from occurring.
- Deleted the in-battle day/night system completely.
- Also, the rival battle music could be wrong at times, that was fixed as well.
- Additional fix: Two swimmers in Klindor City lacked dialogue, this was also fixed.
Fixed the following bugs/glitches:
- The elevator of the department store didn’t work.
- Some more events lacked scripts.
- The wrong tileset of Gelan Town.
Fixed the following bugs/glitches:
- Some events didn’t have proper scripts.
- Some more movement errors.
- Phantom Bush glitches.
Pokemon Shining Opal Recommended Emulators
I recommend playing Pokemon Shining Opal on mGBA or an emulator with an mGBA core like RetroArch. You can use MyBoy if you use an Android device. For iOS users you can use Delta or GBA4iOS and for Mac users you can use OpenEmu.
If you don’t know what a “GBA” game is or how to play it on your Android, iOS, Windows or Mac device, read the information below.
- Sierraffinity – Programming, some art, testing, etc…
- hacksrepairman – Finishing the hack (damn!)
- jiangzhengwen – R button world map and double battle system fix
- thctbm – Testing
- Fangking Omega – New tiles
- Clonex25 – GSC music remixes
- HackMew – XSE and some engine modifications
- UltramasterBDX – DPPt Style Textbox
- Mastermind_X – Jukebox