Touhoumon HeartGold is an NDS ROM Hack by Crown Prince based on Pokemon Heart Gold in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on September 4, 2023.
Download Touhoumon Heart Gold NDS Rom Hack
|Hack of||Pokemon HeartGold|
|Updated||September 4, 2023|
What is Touhoumon?
Ever heard of Touhou Project, the bullet hell video game series? The series that’s been running since the ’90s? The series with the great music?
It has a lot of characters, with different factions of humans and ghosts and ghosts and youkais and gods… One day someone thought, “How about we swap out the Pokemon in the games with the Touhou characters?” and BAM! Touhoumon was born.
It was stuck in Gen III for a long time. But with the help of Tye and others, the game was soon transported to new shores: HeartGold!
What Is It About?
Touhoumon Heartgold keeps the original story of the game, but as you’ll soon notice that many aspects of it have changed. And if you’ve played Gen III Touhoumon romhacks, you will find this quite refreshing as well.
Also, be sure to check out Mega Moemon FireRed.
- Overhauled Sprites and Puppets: Not a pokemon creature in sight… All the pokemon have been replaced by puppets, all of which were designed after Touhou Project characters. Shinies are available, and some of the older sprites from earlier generations have been reworked and improved. Best of all, characters up to Touhou 18 are available! Most of these puppets will have only two stages of evolution, but many have multiple choice evolutions and are formed depending on the shards (stones) used on them. Some are support, attackers, tanks… So experiment and see which puppets you love!
- New Typings: It’s no longer the usual 17 types available in Gen IV. There’s the usual Fire and Water and… Earth? Reason? Beast!? Fight your way through the new and unique typings, learning how to best your opponents. And don’t worry: the Gym Leaders has been updated to reflect it as well (there’s a type chart available in the files). Speaking of…
- New Moves: New typings, new moves. Flash is no longer just an accuracy cutter but a Faith-type attack. Silver Wind is now a highly damaging move that can lower SpD. There’s Killing Bite, Blade Flash, LUNATIC, and many new moves for you and your puppets to try out! Even ones that seem innocuous at first like Tackle can be advantageous due to its typing. And worry not for those who want to experiment: HM moves are now deletable and TM moves infinite.
- QOL Improvements: Not just infinite TMS, but also: maxing out stats is possible with vitamins, the game is console compatible, HP bar moves much faster now, and EVs are now capped at 252.
- Functioning Battle Frontier: Yeah, it works. Personally, it’s one of the best parts of the original game, and no doubt was a great part of this game as well. And with new typings and characters at play, you can now experience it like never before!
- Custom Songs: If you don’t know Touhou, you may have heard of the song Bad Apple on youtube. Well, that’s a Touhou remix! And with this hack, the battle music has been replaced with pokemon-styled Touhou remixes. Whether it be a puppet encounter, a gym battle, beating up those pesky rockets, you can do it whilst enjoying the nice tunes as well!
Tye: Developer and did nearly everything
HemoglobinA1C, Reimufate, AGSMGMaster64, Hanabi, Barudo, and BluShell: Made most of the Touhoumon sprites
ぱたー (Pater): Made three custom songs
KecleonTencho, a-TTTempo, and ShinkoNetCavy: Made the other custom songs
Bratty (me): Made puppetdex entries for newer puppets