Pokemon Wally Quest is a GBA ROM Hack based on Pokemon Emerald by Sofie in English. And it is now available to download. The most recent update occurred on May 14, 2023.
Download Pokemon Wally Quest GBA ROM Pre-Patched
- Creator: Sofie
- Version: v1.1
- Based on: Pokemon Emerald
- Updated: May 14, 2023
Experience a captivating game that revolves around RHH’s battle engine, with a plot that is heavily based on Emerald and ORAS. The storyline is enhanced by the addition of a new rival/antagonist, side quests, and post-game episodes, while also featuring a fun catch-them-all subtheme. In the Pokemon Wally Quest, players assume the role of Wally, who embarks on a journey to explore the vast expanse of Hoenn, forge new friendships, and ultimately, save the world.
As players journey through the game, they will encounter a myriad of challenges, meet new characters, and uncover the secrets of the plot. With an engaging story and an intuitive battle system, this game offers a delightful gaming experience for both new and seasoned players alike. Join Wally on his quest to become the ultimate Pokémon master and save the day!
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Kanto Z Download & Cheats.
This ROMhack is an alternate reality with Wally as the protagonist.
- Longer pre-E4 plot up to lv85
- Additional rival/antagonist
- Delta and other post-game “episodes”
- Additional side “quests”, mostly to unlock other Pokemon
- Various adjusted NPC dialogue, e.g. daily egg, and berry givers, Professors
Some interpretations based on questions from the mainstream games:
- What if Maxie and Archie had used the correct Orbs?
- What drove the meteoroid toward Hoenn?
- What did Wally’s dad want to tell Wally after the 5th Gym?
- RHH’s Battle-Engine features, such as physical/special split, Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, etc
- All Pokemon, movesets, TMs, and Move Tutors up to Gen VII, up to and including Melmetal
- More double battles. Gym Leader and E4 rematches, as well as some boss fights, will be doubles
- All Pokemon have “perfect IVs”
- NPC opponents have EVs and natures
- Gym Guides offer “battles” for fast leveling
- EV-training NPCs: Unlockable through side events
- EVs used as Contest conditions
- Ability changer in Devon after 5th badge
- Soft level cap
- Other various QoL improvements
Also, Try Pokemon Unbound.
- Gen VIII Pokemon
- Alternate patch with type, stat and move changes
- Difficulty improvements (please feedback)
The main Pokemon changes are regarding evolution. I was/am working on an alternate patch with type/stat/move/ability changes, but decided to keep it simple first.
This Pokemon Wally Quest ROM hack is intended to be Nuzlocke-able with diversity in each replay, although some battles are not friendly. Prof Oak’s challenges are hindered by the soft-level cap, so recommend adjusting the rules based on that. Single-Pokemon runs are not possible in the current version, as a story point requires more than 1 Pokemon in the party.
This isn’t a difficulty hack, but there are measures to raise the difficulty
- This game has unkind re-interpretations of the antagonists (existing Pokemon characters).
- While I believe I’ve avoided sensitive content, some antagonists’ speeches are intended to irk/may be inappropriate to others
- Some creepypasta is referenced.
- The story is dark at times
Version 1.1 BUG FIXES
- Changed the broken Z-Ring check, allowing Z-Moves to be used without the Z-Ring
- Added triggers that should help fix the double combat bug in the island cave; try speaking to Glacia. I can’t reproduce the bug (may trigger post-battle dialog when following a player’s steps), so the solution is untested
- Fixed route 119 weather bug
- Moved Life Orb, Throat Spray, Umbrella, Ejection Bag, Heavy Duty Boots, Blunder Police, Room Service, Prism Scale and Everstone to the combat item bag
- Fixed the bug that caused the Iron Defense trainer to teach Shockwave
- Removed unnecessary campaigns from the group menu
- Fixed documentation error, the “Route 116” breeders are actually on Route 117
- Various minor fixes related to wild encounter levels, trainer levels, additional TMs, etc.
The Pyre Summit battle corruption might be fixed as I can’t reproduce it anymore, but please be careful and make a backup anyway I am unable to reproduce any of the reported egg bugs.
Version 1.1 Other changes
-Journal: You can get the Journal from Wally’s mother. This is a highly simplified Pokecommunity quest list that automatically tracks each stage of the game.
-Random Wild Encounters: Wild Encounters can be set to a random list of basic Pokemon in the options. Note that Legendaries and certain gift Pokemon (starters, babies) are not included.
-Removal of darkness from Victory Road B1F, Victory Road B2F and Craftsmen’s Cave. (Granite cave B1F and B2F are still intentionally dark, and the meteoroid cannot be flashed)
-Added an additional expert in Cove Lily Motel lv2 with Audinos to train against
-Added more train tutors for pre-E4 availability
Improved Rotom shapeshifter in the Lilycove, now all Rotom shapes can swap into any other except the base
-Added Gracidea, Reveal Jar, and Prison Flask: Cave morph no longer changes shapes. Application note, simply apply to the pokemon in the party menu to change form and take back regardless of time
-Changed development of Chingling and Snom to friendship with no night requirement. Note that Budew and Riolu can also evolve through friendship without needing the time of day, but that was neglected in the documentation. There are still Pokemon that need Day/Night (Espeon, Umbreon, Cubone)
-Sliggoo Evolution now no longer requires rain, but simply evolves at level 50
-Steven now gives explicit dialogue about the player needing maximum friendship for Mega Evolve
-The plot was adapted after S.S. Tidal expanded a bit.
-Improved dialogues at certain points in the game where the direction is or could be unclear
-Improved dialogs for daily events and added them to storypoints.txt
Added more dialogues in different areas e.g. in the main events, TV news after each badge, etc.
Added an unown changer in the cave of meteor falls with the unowns so they can be accessed before E4. This might be of more interest to those playing with the type change patch
The woman in the top right of the Slateport Marketplace now sells local specialties instead of decors.
-Change the right hand vendor in Lilycove Department Store 3F to sell combat-related items instead of X-Moves etc. Note that the EV training gear has been moved here from 4F.
-Change of vendors in Lilycove Department Store 4F to sell more combat related items
The rate of increase of Dewford trendiness has been drastically increased to reach maximum trendiness within 4 days.
-Change in the encounter conditions of some Pokemon (see pokemon_locations.txt)
-Slight changes in several fights: Steven now evolves into Mega Evolve during the fight on Pyre Peak.
-The brother of the chairman of the Pacifidlog fan club now checks Furfrou’s trim daily and gives a reward.
Other corrected and added documentation.