Pokemon Ancestral X is a 3DS Rom Hack of Pokemon X difficulty hack designed primarily for nuzlocking, otherwise inspired by popular Drayano, Buffel, and NotSuicuu hacks. This hack is meant to be a real challenge, but you’ll also find features that are common to enhancement hacks. All 721 Pokémon are available, the level curve has been revised, the quality of life has been improved, and the trainer battles are individually designed and significantly more difficult. Best of all, Ancestral X introduces a bunch of features never seen before in Gen 6 hacks, including the ORAS Megas, Mobile PC, Trainer Natures, and Custom AI!
Also, be sure to check out Pokémon DX!
Download Pokemon Ancestral X 3DS Rom Hack
|Hack of||Pokémon X|
|Beta Release||May 14th, 2022|
|Official Release||March 24th, 2023|
|Latest Update||May 5th, 2023|
Built for nuzlocking, built for a challenge
- To put it bluntly, this is no simple Nuzlocke experience. I want to challenge you and I want you to feel challenged. I want you to show me brilliant strategies, breakneck gambits and an overall excellent game. In return, I want to offer you an experience worthy of these moments.
The ORAS Megas have arrived!
- You can now use all your favorite Megas from Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in this hack!
- Mega Camerupt, Mega Sableye, and Mega Steelix are currently enabled. However, due to technical complications, their mega models are not functional. In every way, apart from their models, they will be Mega Pokémon when they Mega Evolve. I hope this can be fixed in the future.
Catch them all mode
- Wild Encounters have been fully updated! Not every single Pokemon is available as a tomboy, but every single line of evolution, so you can always get your favorites through breeding!
- Horde battles are now also present in the early stages of the game.
- Ambush and Trash Can Pokémon have been updated alongside the traditional wild encounters.
- The level curve in this game has been increased with the aim of achieving an “Always On” XP percentage. This is experimental so please let me know how that feels!
- Every single trainer has a handcrafted team, with natures and IVs set as close to 31 as possible.
- Some optional battles have been changed and are now mandatory.
- Each and every Pokemon has been rated individually, and each one’s up-move list has been revised.
- In addition, many Pokémon have been changed in the following areas:
- Stat Changes
- Type Changes
- Ability Changes
- Evolution Method Changes
- Many offensive moves have been buffed.
- Many status moves have had their PP reduced.
- Select TMs have been replaced with new moves, expanding the move pool of many Pokémon. Also, all Pokémon’s TM/HM compatibility has been updated to reflect these changes.
Changed in-game trades, static and gift Pokemon
- Certain Trades, Static Pokemon, and Gift Pokemon have been changed to give you access to some of the new ORAS Megas! Also Try Pokemon Infinite Fusion.
- A key item called the Mobile PC has been been added to the game, allowing you to access your boxes from anywhere!
- A Showdown Calculator is available to help the nerds in the audience who like crunching numbers.
- The AI has been selectively improved, with plans to create a fully custom, deterministic AI in the future!
- EVs have been completely removed from the game – wild Pokémon do not give EVs and EV granting items are now non-functional and removed from the overworld.
- All Poke Marts have been given an overhaul to reflect the items commonly used by Nuzlockers. Rare Candies, Heart Scales, Ability Capsules, Honeys, and Max Repels will all be available after the 2nd gym at the latest.
- The Move Relearner & Move Deleter are now available in every Pokémon Center from Shalour City onwards.
- Improved shiny odds compared to base game! Now 1 in 512, instead of 1 in 4096.
- Fishing now has a 100% chance to catch a fish on every catch.
If you’re interested in providing feedback, reporting bugs, or just talking about the game in general, I’d love for you to join us on the Discord. I look forward to seeing you there!
- Kaphotics & SciresM: For pk3DS and all the different tools that come with it.
- gdkchan: For SPICA, Ohana3DS who have been invaluable tools for bringing the ORAS megas into play.
- hello007: For SPICA improvements and other miscellaneous utilities.
- hzla: For creating the framework for the showdown calculator and helping to set it up.
- Maël Hörz: For HxD, another fantastic tool that makes hex editing easy.
- XLuma, the EXR team and friends: For feedback and support.
- Mr. Stebanzo, hooley, Bob, SaberTB, & Kai: For design help, feedback, and support.
- Mushrium: For the wonderful design of the title screen, banner and discord icon.