Download Pokemon Emerald DX GBA ROM
Version: Beta v0.5
Hack by: Emerald
Updated: April 2022
Pokemon Emerald DX is a GBA ROM Hack by daninrl based on Pokemon Emerald. And it’s now available for download. It was last updated in April 2022.
Be sure to try it too Pokemon Emerald Semi Randomizer
Pokemon Emerald DX is an enhanced version of the classic GBA adventure, offering a satisfying mix of mechanical enhancements while staying true to the original game. With overhauled graphics, improved quality of life and some new mechanics, you can experience the Hoenn region in a whole new light!
Major quality of life/mechanics changes
- Added the Fairy type, along with a few moves to support it.
- The division into physical and special has been introduced.
- Badge Boosts have been removed
- EXP sharing is now a key item that affects the whole party, but can also be toggled on and off.
- EXP is granted when Pokemon are caught.
- Pokemon that received a status boost in Gen 6 and 7 have had their stats improved.
- Pokemon that evolve through trading can now also be evolved with items.
- TMs are infinite. As a result, the rewards of some shop inventories and the pickup skill have been adjusted.
- A lot of minor adjustments and bug fixes.
- The PokeDex has been slightly expanded and now even includes 400. The newly added Pokemon are mostly Eevelutions and some cross-gen evolutions (but not all) to catch some of the less common types. In a future update I might add Alolan forms.
- All 400 Pokemon can be acquired in a single playthrough. Swapping is not necessary!
- The National Dex is available from the start.
- Follow Pokemon!
- A day/night cycle has been added, and Pokemon encounter rates will change based on the time of day.
- A move deleter and specialty shops can be found at POKEMON LEAGUE SERVICES, replacing the Wireless Club at most PokeCenters.
- Added mints to control the nature of Pokemon.
- Vitamins now increase IVs directly, and Supplements have been introduced to lower IVs (if you want to customize your Hidden Power).
- All Mystery Gift Event content is accessible in-game via new sequences in the postgame.
- A DOJO has been added in Slateport City. You can challenge these trainers for EV training.
- Various daily events from NPCs to get items or gifts.
- Red, Blue, and Leaf have minor appearances and are available daily for post-game battles.
- NEW! The first BEACH-TYPE Pokemon game – deliver packages to the Petalburg Post Office to earn some extra cash every day!
- NEW! Ferry trainers are now available for rematches on every trip as an alternative way to earn EXP after the game.
- GEN 4 Style Sprites: I’ve always found Gen 3 sprites unattractive and I find that the Gen 4 style sprites fit the aesthetic of the Gen 3 tilesets well without looking too large.
- Battle Backgrounds: Full art backgrounds replace the floating tiles.
- Follower Pokemon: Some of the larger Pokemon will look weird following you, and some people might not be fans, so followers can be toggled on and off in the options!
Update Log – Beta v.0.5
(4/5): Major update. See publications for hints! Updating is recommended, savegames should stay compatible.
(4/3, once again): Fixed an issue with New Mauville Buttons that was preventing progression! This is a critical issue; it is highly recommended to update, and your saves should stay compatible!
(4/3, again): Fixed an issue with the town of Lilycove and corrected the town encounter tables.
(4/3): Fixed an issue with Lanette.