Pokemon Aragonite – Sylia Region is a RPG Maker XP fan Game Made with Pokémon Essentials V21 in English. This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Download Pokemon Aragonite RPG Maker XP Fan Game
Creator: Darkonius Mavakar
Version: ALPHA builds
System: RPG Maker XP
Update : November 12, 2023
Also, be sure to try out Pokemon Infinity.
Pokemon Aragonite is a fanmade project based on the real life island of Sicily, in the South of Italy.
This project aim to reimagine Sicily into the Pokémon world by creating the Sylia region, where you will be able to explore many areas and cities based off actual places!
Initially this started as a fakemon dex where we had fun interpreting our culture, flora and fauna into Fakemon, but then we decided to use Pokémon Essentials to turn it into a playable game!
The Sylia Region & Premise
The colorful Sylia region offers a rich climate where many Pokémon have inhabited its ancient ruins and coastlines.
The people live with the respect of its prominent volcano: Mount Ethenelle.
But it’s not just sights that make Sylia unique, but also its rich and ancient history, myths of creatures inhabiting the Messen Strait, strange ruins on the island of Pharot and the fascinating mosaics of Forter Town…
Recently Mt.Ethenelle seems to be acting more active than usual, and the law is getting involved in keeping an eye on suspicious activities, what could this mean?
But there’s a charismatic team of researches that aims to study and uncover everything that is hidden on the island!
And it is your chance to join them and get to the bottom of these events!
The Aragonite Research Team (A.R.T.)
The Aragonite Research Team (aka ART) is a group of researchers that wishes to study and protect the ecosystem of the Sylia region.
Pokemon Aragonite team has some important members:
- Carob: the main leader, a jolly fellow that never says no to a challenge and adores the sea!
- Silena: the passionate main assistant of Carob, overlooking Mt.Ethenelle’s volcanic activity.
- Asfodelo: the tech guy, it’s thanks to him that the region can use the Box System!
- Palma: who researches the cold areas and caves that lie hidden around Mt.Ethenelle.
- Baldassarre: A new recruit in the team, researching the marine life and ecosystems of the region.
The trainers and Pokémon of the region
Embark on your journey as either Biagio or Cecilia alongside one of the three starters, it is gonna be quite a long trek!
You aren’t just going around to collect badges, but to become a fully fledged researcher!
As you collect Gym badges, ART will recognise you more and more as a proper member of their team, and you will be allowed to partake in their various expeditions.
You might help some people, or collect ancient relics, or perhaps find rare Pokémon!
Here are the starters, Buncti, Geckoal and Tunibble!
New Region, New Pokémon!
150 new Pokémon for you to catch and battle with around the Sylia region, all based off Sicily’s culture, flora and fauna!
Become a fully fledged researcher!
In order to join ART, you will have to prove your stenghts, collecting badges will be enough to do so.
As you rank up, you’ll be able to access more and more hidden and dangerous areas of the region, with quests and special content!
A story with multiple layers
Not everything is what it seems, why is the police getting involved in checking the current Ethenelle events?
ART is a very passionate team, but could there be more to them?
What dwells deep within Mt.Ethenelle?
This is all up to you to dig deeper…
Speedup button with Q!
Just don’t use it in a nuzlocke accidentally…
A healthy postgame
No hand holding, gloves are off, will you be able to properly show your detective skills and investigate what’s left to search?
A detailed Pokédex
Moves, abilities, stats, you name it, all neatly shown in your trusty Pokédex!
(Possible feature, but NOT confirmed) PLAY ONLINE, EVEN ON SHOWDOWN
This isn’t a 100% confirmed feature, but we would love to host a Showdown server so that you can all battle with our fakemon online, competitively or casually!
Again, not confirmed, but could be a possibility!
What’s gonna be released?
We are working on a proper demo that goes up to the first gym!
After that, we’ll see, either straight to the full release, or more of game as further demos…
Want to try the game right now?
You can join our official Discord server and try our ALPHA builds and previews!
You can also help us out with feedback or sprites and so on!
- Pokemon Aragonite Project by: Darkonius Mavakar, FrankieChatot
- Fakemon Sprites by: iTzNikkitty. Tama1313, HiddenSoundTest, Gaem, Mia, Rixithechao, Turcoffee
- Pokémon Essentials V21 by:
- “Pokémon Essentials” was created by:
- Poccil (Peter O.)
With contributions from:
- MiDas Mike
- Near Fantastica
- Genzai Kawakami
- Golisopod User
- Jacob O. Wobbrock
- Lisa Anthony
- Luka S.J.
- and everyone else who helped out
Based on “mkxp” by Ancurio et al.
“RPG Maker XP” by:
Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Affiliated with Game Freak
This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!
Various Tilesets by: Magiscarf, Ekat, Kaliser, Jesus Carrasco, Kyle-Dove, UltimoSpriter, SailorVicious, LotusKing, WilsonScarloxy, Akizakura16, Shiney570, Pablus94.
- Arcky’s Region Map – Arcky
- Bag screen with interactible party – DiegoWT
- BW Gender Selector – KleinStudio, DeepBlue PacificWaves, TechSkylander1518, LinKazamine
- BW Key items – KleinStudio, DeepBlue PacificWaves, Izanagi
- BW Speech Bubble – NonoNever, Carmaniac
- BW Location signposts – Shashu-Greninja,DeepBlue PacificWaves,Shiney570
- Delta Speed Up – Marin (og speed up script), Phantombass (19.1 version), Mashirosakura, Golisopod User, D0vid (v21.1 version)
- Enhanced Pokémon UI – Lucidious89
- FlyAnimation by Kleinstudio – KleinStudio (original), A.I.R (update)
- Marin’s scripting utilities – Marin
- Modular UI scenes – Lucidious89
- More Pokedex Page : Size Comparison – Caruban
- Overworld Shadows EX – Golisopod User, Wolf PP, Marin
- Pokédex Data Page – Lucidious89
- Rename from Party – TechSkylander1518
- Storage system utilities – Swdfm
- Voltseon’s Pause Menu – Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS
BiggusWeeabus – Type icons
Aki- gen 6 and GO UI for summary and party