Pokemon Conquest Reconquered is an NDS ROM Hack by WhatAUsernameIHave based on Pokemon Conquest. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on 3/24/23.
Download Pokémon Conquest: Reconquered v3.0 NDS Rom Hack
|Hack of||Pokemon Conquest|
|Console||Nintendo DS (Emulator)|
About Pokemon Conquest
Pokémon Conquest was released in 2012, developed by Koei Tecmo and published by Nintendo for the DS. It is a crossover between Pokémon and Koei Tecmo’s Nobunaga’s Ambition series, using the gameplay and characters of NA and 200 Pokémon from Gen 1 to Gen 5. It has flown under the radar and has only recently garnered more and more attention from the Pokémon community. Today I would like to share with you my take on the Ransei region…
Also, be sure to check out Pokemon Vantablack 2!
In a far-off land and not too long ago, far removed from the modernized Pokémon world, lies the Ransei region. It is home to 17 kingdoms populated with Pokémon and warriors. Some are content to live their lives, but most dedicate themselves to combat, utilizing their ability to connect with a Pokémon’s mind, body, and spirit. Legend has it that if all 17 kingdoms are to be united under one banner, a powerful Pokémon will grant them a wish.
You play the many tales of the Ransei region’s warlords, warriors who wield the greatest power over their kingdoms.
- R-style Pokémon – Pokémon that have adapted their body and fighting style to suit the Ransei region.
- Changes to Movements and Abilities – An overhaul of the Pokémon’s movements and abilities to make them more consistent with the Pokémon and the game.
- New Moves – Moves not found in the base game have been added to spice up the move pool and create interesting new strategies.
- Reclaimed Moves – Moves developed for Pokémon Conquest: Reconquered that allow for new experiences.
- Modernized Stats – Pokémon’s stats have been updated to match their Gen 8/7 counterparts in the main game.
- Harder Difficulty – Teams have been assembled to provide a rewarding challenge that requires strategy and quick thinking.
- Minor changes – Changes that simplify gameplay, such as evolution conditions or warrior skills.
- Creative Base – Reconquered can be used to generate ideas that further expand the Pokémon Conquest Rom hacking scene.
Pokémon Conquest: Reconquered v3.0 updates!
Since the release of v2.0 in June last year, I’ve been debating with myself what the future of Reconquered should be. I had many ideas, but I was worried about how to implement them. But now I know exactly what the schedule looks like… so I want to present Pokémon Conquest: Reconquered v3.0! Below is a list of all the new features and changes you’ll be holding in your hands soon!
One of my favorite aspects of v2.0 was the addition of the new Pokemon. I knew I wanted more of this in v3.0, and with the help of some awesome Spritters (Snap, Doanmit, and Soulja) I was able to make that happen! The new Pokemon include:
- iron roses
- Cross of Hera
That’s right, 5 all new lines (6 complete with Dudunsparce) all playable! Version 2.0 Pokémon also have new and updated sprites thanks to their creator, Snap!
New R-style forms!
3 new R-style forms now populate the roster, 1 of which is hidden unless you find it in-game (it’s usually listed in the documentation, so be warned). I love the idea of the R-Style forms, so it was important for me to add even more.
Buffs and nerfs!
I would like to say that I have more confidence in balancing in terms of gameplay. Some moves and Pokemon needed a bit of a nerf, but some needed a boost too!
With the introduction of new Pokémon and player feedback, the main story and post-stories have been changed to provide a better flow of the game. I recommend restarting the game or playing a different file to see how you get on with it!
These are NOT paid DLCs! Rather, they are main story game modes that can be quite challenging. I currently have plans for both an LC and an NFE mode, so keep your eyes peeled and give your recommendations!
Due to the small scope of Pokemon Conquest romhacking, some changes are currently not possible and are still under investigation. Here is a list of things that cannot be changed, but will be changed when possible:
- Pokémon ability effects
- The number of Pokemon
But I will do my best to provide the best possible experience.
How was that possible?
And how? Well, with RanseiLink of course! RanseiLink is an incredible program developed by Deijin. She has worked many hours on this editor which is the backbone of this project. If it wasn’t for Deijin or RanseiLink, we wouldn’t have gotten this far with the Conquest mod. To find RanseiLink, you can either follow the documentation below or use this link: Github.
The documentation, such as the Read Me, FAQs, changelogs, etc. are all located in the linked Google Drive. You can also find the .rlmod file for Reconquered.
Please note that this requires a copy of Pokémon Conquest, which I am unable to provide.
An extra special thanks to:
- Deijin for creating RanseiLink.
- Snap for creating the sprites of Dunsparce, Dudunsparce, Golett, Golurk, and Absol.
- Doanmit for creating the sprites of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, and Heracross.
- Soulja for creating the sprites of Snom, Frosmoth, Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Ferroseed, and Ferrothorn.
- BaconFry for creating Hard Mode Plus and its changes.